Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Locked Up RC
Loading

Notices

Thread: Questions, suggestions and contact information

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #1
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS
 
Locked Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cedar Park
Posts: 5,374
Exclamation Questions, suggestions and contact information

If you have a question or issue with an order you placed, please submit a ticket -->HERE<--

The ticket system help us ensure things do not get overlooked or lost in the posts/PMs on this forum ... because this place is busy!



As a small business based just outside of Austin, Texas, we are working hard to provide the best customer support that we can and every ticket is responded to by our staff.
We type/speak English (and type bad Spanish) but we admit, you might get a little Texas twang!


On the other hand, if you have a general comment, suggestion or feedback, please feel free to post up in this thread or the individual product threads in this section.


We started small and are growing with your continued support.
A huge thanks to all of our customers, past, present and future!

-Patrick Norton

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few of our Build Threads:

TRX-4

TF2 Blazer

Unimog

Beast II 6x6

SCX10 II

SCX10 H2

Wraith

King Jero

What the Vuck?!

Wheely Kings

SMT10

Ambush

HexaMAN 6x6

Last edited by Locked Up; 12-13-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2014, 04:55 PM   #2
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: middle TN
Posts: 611
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

Please make the iKari slw in 1.9 thanks
littletoyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS
 
Locked Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cedar Park
Posts: 5,374
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletoyboy View Post
Please make the iKari slw in 1.9 thanks
It is on the project list!

Last edited by Locked Up; 02-12-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:33 PM   #4
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Koloa boy 808 2 DA 206
Posts: 606
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

Just wondering I have 2 Fi spool lockers that I just ordered both are different as far as thickness Im not able to install it in my curries just wondering if this is normal? I swap it out with stock lockers and there is no issues the problem is that it hits the pinion when I tighten down the bearing caps.. Jus wondering if others had this issue
zion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:13 AM   #5
Fan of wheelspeed
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southern IN
Posts: 3,369
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

I have a suggestion. I would love to see some scale hardware with plastic threads for the Exo, Wraith and Yeti.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #6
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS
 
Locked Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cedar Park
Posts: 5,374
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion23 View Post
Just wondering I have 2 Fi spool lockers that I just ordered both are different as far as thickness Im not able to install it in my curries just wondering if this is normal? I swap it out with stock lockers and there is no issues the problem is that it hits the pinion when I tighten down the bearing caps.. Jus wondering if others had this issue
Sorry you are having issues!

Could be a few different things... but off the top of my head I know some people have had issues with overtightening bearing caps (in general, not just with our spool).

May be some ideas for you here too:
vanquish locker with currie axles

If that doesn't help, can you submit a ticket on our system? We will of course do everything we can to help!:
https://lockeduprc.3dcartstores.com/...tion=contactus

When you submit the ticket, please let us know which gears you are running.


Last edited by Locked Up; 01-07-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:43 AM   #7
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS
 
Locked Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cedar Park
Posts: 5,374
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierdady View Post
I have a suggestion. I would love to see some scale hardware with plastic threads for the Exo, Wraith and Yeti.
With plastic threads?
You mean 100% plastic hardware .... or am I misunderstanding something?
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:13 AM   #8
Fan of wheelspeed
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southern IN
Posts: 3,369
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
With plastic threads?
You mean 100% plastic hardware .... or am I misunderstanding something?
Nope, you understood perfectly . All of the holes for plastic threaded hardware that holds the cages together are to small for the LURC 3m hardware. Plus we all know that plastic threaded screws hold better in plastic than machine threads. Lockeduprc currently offers hardware to upgrade the axles on a SCX10 which can also be used to upgrade the look of the AR60s but there is nothing available from anyone to replace the plastic threaded screws along the sides and roof lines of the Exo, Wraith or the Deadbolt. I for one would LOVE to see them available to the public. Even if it were just a few stand alone screw options instead of a complete package.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 05:24 PM   #9
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Koloa boy 808 2 DA 206
Posts: 606
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
Sorry you are having issues!

Could be a few different things... but off the top of my head I know some people have had issues with overtightening bearing caps (in general, not just with our spool).

May be some ideas for you here too:
vanquish locker with currie axles

If that doesn't help, can you submit a ticket on our system? We will of course do everything we can to help!:
https://lockeduprc.3dcartstores.com/...tion=contactus

When you submit the ticket, please let us know which gears you are running.

thanks for responding i have a fi spool in the rear and it works great super smooth with the currie axle and i done everything possible grind down the bearing cap i notice the spool is alot thicker then the other locker i got earleir a few months ago. so i grinded down the edge so it wont hit the pinion that helped and made sure the bolts are not sticking out where it rubs.. the issue today was i wasnt able to install my vp hd drive shaft cvd.. no matter what i did i could not get it in swap out the other locker and it went in like a charm i really think its a machining issue ill look into getting a ticket and maybe return it thanks for your support i m running your locker in my other vp axle set up none curry and ran it in my wraith no issue
zion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:04 PM   #10
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS
 
Locked Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cedar Park
Posts: 5,374
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion23 View Post
thanks for responding i have a fi spool in the rear and it works great super smooth with the currie axle and i done everything possible grind down the bearing cap i notice the spool is alot thicker then the other locker i got earleir a few months ago. so i grinded down the edge so it wont hit the pinion that helped and made sure the bolts are not sticking out where it rubs.. the issue today was i wasnt able to install my vp hd drive shaft cvd.. no matter what i did i could not get it in swap out the other locker and it went in like a charm i really think its a machining issue ill look into getting a ticket and maybe return it thanks for your support i m running your locker in my other vp axle set up none curry and ran it in my wraith no issue
I'll make sure we get a response to you on the system for the spool.


For others reading this:
If you have an issue with one of our parts not fitting a stock or another aftermarket part, please do not modify our part until you speak to us.
We can't warranty modified parts and there have been a few instances where our parts were just fine but people have modified them trying to fix something.
Then they find out the other parts involved were "off" and ours were just fine.



For anyone else wondering .... the FI spool is made to NOT be an easy fit for shafts.

In order to have a super tight fit with no slop using Axial, RC4WD, VP, etc shafts we slightly undersize the slot. Anyone that has slapped a caliper on all the available shaft tangs out there can tell you each manufacturer sizes things slightly differently. Add in the inherent difference of tolerances between manufacturers and things can quickly go from loose to a force fit. There is some good info in the FI spool thread on getting your shaft into the spool:
Locked Up RC - FI Spool


Last edited by Locked Up; 01-07-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:02 AM   #11
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Koloa boy 808 2 DA 206
Posts: 606
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
I'll make sure we get a response to you on the system for the spool.


For others reading this:
If you have an issue with one of our parts not fitting a stock or another aftermarket part, please do not modify our part until you speak to us.
We can't warranty modified parts and there have been a few instances where our parts were just fine but people have modified them trying to fix something.
Then they find out the other parts involved were "off" and ours were just fine.



For anyone else wondering .... the FI spool is made to NOT be an easy fit for shafts.



In order to have a super tight fit with no slop using Axial, RC4WD, VP, etc shafts we slightly undersize the slot. Anyone that has slapped a caliper on all the available shaft tangs out there can tell you each manufacturer sizes things slightly differently. Add in the inherent difference of tolerances between manufacturers and things can quickly go from loose to a force fit. There is some good info in the FI spool thread on getting your shaft into the spool:
Locked Up RC - FI Spool

agree with all this ive own about 6 lockers on 3 of my rigs and had no issue this is the first time im installing it in a currie axle i do understand the install process to make it fit i did modify the locker to fit in the axle better and dont expect a refund you or exchange ill use it in my other axles which im sure it works thank you for your understanding and support i fix the situation.. i do have the older deisgn locker in the rear of my currie the new one i did buy just couldnt get it to work in the front or rear.. thanks again.... in any way this was not meant to bash a product or put it down i will continue to use these lockers appreciate all the advice...
zion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:06 AM   #12
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Koloa boy 808 2 DA 206
Posts: 606
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

for the respect of a great product i will delete my question and if i have any more questions ill email thanks again
zion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:17 AM   #13
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS
 
Locked Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cedar Park
Posts: 5,374
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion23 View Post
agree with all this ive own about 6 lockers on 3 of my rigs and had no issue this is the first time im installing it in a currie axle i do understand the install process to make it fit i did modify the locker to fit in the axle better and dont expect a refund you or exchange ill use it in my other axles which im sure it works thank you for your understanding and support i fix the situation.. i do have the older deisgn locker in the rear of my currie the new one i did buy just couldnt get it to work in the front or rear.. thanks again.... in any way this was not meant to bash a product or put it down i will continue to use these lockers appreciate all the advice...

No worries!
I know you were not bashing. But if you were it would still be OK.


It's an open forum and we are happy to help people in any way possible!


If you let us know which measurement was different on that service request we'll do what we can to get things working for you.

No need to delete anything either.
-'Merica!

Last edited by Locked Up; 01-08-2015 at 08:21 AM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #14
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Koloa boy 808 2 DA 206
Posts: 606
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information





so feeling determind to use this locker since it needs to be bomb proof for my u4 pro4 rig i dissamble the axle cleaned up the chubs filed the locker inner barrel to clean up the inner locker... reassamble and now every thing went together fine,, feels super smooth and works great the only part that i needed to modifiy was where the outer diameter of the locker when bolted down it would hit the pinion.. i did notice it was alittle thicker then the older style design locker that is in the rear of my currie now im glad i was able to make it work thanks again.. for the support and product i didnt take a pic of the comparisson of the 2 lockers.. but hope this cleared up my issue..,.…
zion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:49 AM   #15
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS
 
Locked Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cedar Park
Posts: 5,374
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion23 View Post

so feeling determind to use this locker since it needs to be bomb proof for my u4 pro4 rig i dissamble the axle cleaned up the chubs filed the locker inner barrel to clean up the inner locker... reassamble and now every thing went together fine,, feels super smooth and works great the only part that i needed to modifiy was where the outer diameter of the locker when bolted down it would hit the pinion.. i did notice it was alittle thicker then the older style design locker that is in the rear of my currie now im glad i was able to make it work thanks again.. for the support and product i didnt take a pic of the comparisson of the 2 lockers.. but hope this cleared up my issue..,.…
Glad you got it worked out!

This is the first I have heard of that measurement as an issue in stock or Currie housings.
In the stock housings I have here the pinions actually have a little bit of room (play) to move back and forth when not bolted to a driveshaft. So either your locker was a hair big or the housing was milled a hair to shallow.

VP probably milled the housing a hair shallow to remove the play - which is NOT a bad thing. They do a fantastic job of removing play in shafts, housings, etc. BUT ... we do the same. So I could see things overlapping slightly.

If anyone else has this issue please let me know and I will make a note on the product page about this.
Either way, we will pull an extra hair off the OD of the locker for the next run.

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by Locked Up; 01-09-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:51 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: longwood, fl
Posts: 287
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

I just wanted to say thank you guys for the exceptional service. When the bad happens people always are first to let everyone know and alot of the times are not told how well they did. I put my order in monday and got it on Wednesday. Thanks guys for the great service
rdearolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:40 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bath,ME
Posts: 159
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

I was just wondering why you don't make the ultra rear hubs in the silver finish like the scale pro hubs, and if your going to in the near future. I bought a set of 1.9 rock cutters and agile rings,all the scale hardware and hubs. Just wanted to say they are AMAZING!! Awesome work, I'm on my way to a second set!
Kaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:05 AM   #18
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS
 
Locked Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cedar Park
Posts: 5,374
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaler View Post
I was just wondering why you don't make the ultra rear hubs in the silver finish like the scale pro hubs, and if your going to in the near future. I bought a set of 1.9 rock cutters and agile rings,all the scale hardware and hubs. Just wanted to say they are AMAZING!! Awesome work, I'm on my way to a second set!
The Pro hubs are aluminum.

For the Ultra we went with a carbon steel because that's whats on a 1:1 and our goal was to be as scale as possible:



Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:48 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: BFE, NV
Posts: 2,290
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

I just wanted to say thanks to Locked Up. I had a small issue and Patrick went over and beyond what is expected from a company.

Absolutely top notch customer service

Thanks
frdtrkguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:31 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chico now
Posts: 2,384
Default Re: Questions, suggestions and contact information

Thank you LURC!

I received a blem slipper eliminator shaft in an order, contacted CS, and soon after two new shafts showed up in my mailbox!

Top notch CS, thanks again LURC!
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Questions, suggestions and contact information - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comments, Suggestions and Questions. Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 755 05-01-2015 04:01 PM
SORCCA rules comments, suggestions, and questions Pointman Scale Comp Rules 895 12-09-2013 01:41 AM
The crawler store contact and questions Crossedup Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 01-22-2008 05:39 PM
ultimate hobbies contact information chupacrawlers Newbie General 6 08-04-2006 01:04 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com