Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Haastnooit's AXR10 2.2s NCD SuDu1 / SuDu1 FL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #201
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Haastnooit's AXR10 2.2s NCD SuDuOne

Thanks Ben Currently running 76 gram total knuckleweight ... do you use any (an how much) ?

Yeah ... real curious on performance with all the XR10 mods and other upgrades. But I have to be patient, cause it is going to take a bit of time for my electronics to get back to me ...
Haastnooit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #202
Rock Crawler

Minor update, my electronics are almost "half" done ... they made it to Batt.man 4 days ago Hoping turnaround will be soon ...
Old 05-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #203
Rock Stacker

I hope it so for you Ronald
vovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #204
Rock Crawler

Thanks Jan ... electronics are on the way back to me
Old 05-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #205
Fifth dimension

I just received my pm about my electronics today also. I'm hoping by weeks end. I can't wait to hear how this truck performs.
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #206
Quarry Creeper

Get your electoronics back yet? Im dying to see a vid of this badboy doing work. Im about to start in on the front ax axle so it can receive the creation fab wide splined tube. Pretty much followed your entire axle parts list with the exception of plastic knuks and chubs, i went aluminum. Awesome write up on the mods, very simple to follow with great pics, look forward to seeing more
Sheepdawg23wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #207
Rock Crawler

No ... I am in Europe so things will take longer .... Hoping they arrive soon though ....

Don't forget the extra screws to secure the tubes to the axle, they are not shown in the first posts but you can see them clearly in post 40 on page 2
Old 06-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #208
WAM
Rock Crawler

Man, eleven pages and it's not running yet. That's what I call documentation. I've only occasionally visited as my SuDu is a one-off Losi adaptation so a lot of stuff doesn't cross over. But I liked mine enough that I decided to update my AX10 Gatekeeper to a SuDu so just finished re-reading your thread from Post 1. Nicely done.

Only one relevant comment. I checked out your link technique and being lazy made mine much simpler -- and learned some things. Appears you don't need internal threads in the ends. They're plenty strong without. I skipped the bleed hole and found that was a mistake with superglue. It setup before I could work the end into place. But with epoxy, I didn't need the bleed hole. I had plenty of work time to get them perfect.

The bad news is since the SuDu requires longish rear links, I found my rear uppers are subject to buckling. Not to the point of failure, but I can see a bend developing. This was with 4mm CF rod and Revos. The lightest fix I can think of for this is changing to 5mm CF rod and turning down the ends back to 4mm for the joints.

While I like your front axle plate setup, I'm going to initially try Tomi's under-slung servo plate. RCbro used one of Tomi's plates with an underslung, reverse-mounted servo for a BTA setup. I gotta give that a try. But the steering link shapes will be a nightmare. No CF here.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #209
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
Man, eleven pages and it's not running yet. That's what I call documentation. I've only occasionally visited as my SuDu is a one-off Losi adaptation so a lot of stuff doesn't cross over. But I liked mine enough that I decided to update my AX10 Gatekeeper to a SuDu so just finished re-reading your thread from Post 1. Nicely done.
Thanks ... I know I am not the fastest builder

Quote:
Only one relevant comment. I checked out your link technique and being lazy made mine much simpler -- and learned some things. Appears you don't need internal threads in the ends. They're plenty strong without. I skipped the bleed hole and found that was a mistake with superglue. It setup before I could work the end into place. But with epoxy, I didn't need the bleed hole. I had plenty of work time to get them perfect.

The bad news is since the SuDu requires longish rear links, I found my rear uppers are subject to buckling. Not to the point of failure, but I can see a bend developing. This was with 4mm CF rod and Revos. The lightest fix I can think of for this is changing to 5mm CF rod and turning down the ends back to 4mm for the joints.
Threading the rodend is a little extra insurance just as pinning them, the work involved is minor so "why not" ... is my philosophy. You good be just right and the added strength is not needed ... something we will never know

I used 4mm CF tube, with tube the breatherhole is definately needed to let escape the otherwise compressed air inside the tubes ... I have heard about the buckling effect before, I will give them a go and see how the CF upperlinks hold up ... I like new experience

Quote:
While I like your front axle plate setup, I'm going to initially try Tomi's under-slung servo plate. RCbro used one of Tomi's plates with an underslung, reverse-mounted servo for a BTA setup. I gotta give that a try. But the steering link shapes will be a nightmare. No CF here.
Cool, I like the look of the under-slung plate on a rig ... But in my mind it is just overcomplicating things in respect to the simple OTA steering setup I currently have. I didn't think it was worth the hassle ... but as said it looks very cool
Old 06-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #210
Quarry Creeper

Pony express get those electronics to you yet? I had to give a sweet thread a bump
Sheepdawg23wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #211
Rock Crawler

Pony's don't swim very fast ... haven't got it yet
Old 06-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #212
Rock Crawler

Well … electronics showed up yesterday. Turned out a disappointing evening … I couldn’t get good acces to the link button on the RX to establish a bind between the R2106GF and my 4PL, so had to unpack the smashjob … Once unpacked I could make a bind only to find out the RX would loose it at random and every time when the RX moves away more then 3 feet from the TX ?

I ended up decasing a SR300 and shrinkwrap everything together temporarily to be able to run the car with the DX3E of my “retired” BJ4.

I will redo the electronics when I am able to get a new R2104GF receiver and servo …

Did some shakedown lines on my small rockpile in the backyard, checking if cleanup and adjustments are needed. Next week I will have time to do some serious testruns …

Last edited by Haastnooit; 06-14-2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-14-2013, 05:05 AM   #213
Rock Stacker

Hi Ronald,you did it very nice,its looks good
see you soon, i call you next week

Jan (Dutch SuDu Clan)
Old 06-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #214
Rock Crawler

Ronald I've been following your build for a while now and I must say you have one of the nicest rigs ive seen so far! Thumbsup! If you dont mind me asking what does your front axle measure from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
chris.martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #215
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haastnooit View Post
Thanks 63comet I just measured the width front and rear ... outside tire to outside tire.

front: 275 mm
rear: 270 mm
Thanks Chris I knew I posted this info up earlier .... here you go
Old 06-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #216
Rock Crawler

Thank you! Keep up the great work

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
chris.martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #217
Rock Crawler

Last week I had some good time to run my SuDu … I spend a lot of time on the testpile tweeking my setup, testing a few different shock- and link positions, and taking care of some minor … BUT … annoying issues. It was a fun week and now she drives very well and is fully set for the bigger rocks at my favorite spot …

Some random pics on the testpile …

Old 07-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #218
RCC Addict

Looking good Ronald. Look forward to sone comp pics or taking on bigger rocks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Oz Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #219
Rock Stacker

verry nice pics Ronald
Old 07-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #220
Rock Crawler

I hit the rocks today, nice weather and lots of fun. My buddy and me got in a good 3 hours of crawling, chichatting, some beer zipping and fair amount of good laughs. His rig is stock AX10 rtc that got it’s ass whooped over and over and over and … so on .

No match at all, big win of all his loosing and wining about it is; my bud is finally convinced his rig needs upgrades. I brought it home with me to turn in it in to a SSS-R for him. I am sure he will like it as he likes things different from mainstream.

My SuDu ran great, no issue’s at all … I will be looking in to changing the ride height a bit, think I am bellydragging a bit too much …

Some progression shots of different lines taken today:

Another line …

Tags
axr10 axle, sudu, suduone, xr10 mod

Haastnooit's AXR10 2.2s NCD SuDu1 / SuDu1 FL - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Haastnooit's YTC Secret Agent 3.5 Haastnooit Axial XR10 85 04-24-2022 12:04 PM
Team NCD Su Du One Oz Bruiser Axial AX-10 Scorpion 132 12-21-2013 04:34 PM
NCD SuDu one crawler douwe Videos! 2 11-28-2012 02:36 PM
Mini AXR10 Axles?... justinart24 Tools, and Procedures 6 10-15-2012 09:28 AM
Haastnooit's Old Skool YTC BJ4 Haastnooit Axial XR10 15 09-02-2012 06:57 AM