Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Haastnooit's AXR10 2.2s NCD SuDu1 / SuDu1 FL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #261
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Haastnooit's AXR10 2.2s NCD SuDuOne

I use the one intended for VP knuckles

I saw the parts in your thread, hope you like them ? The smaller E-tray is perfect for my current setup, width is based on the FXR and length is basen on the CC BEC. I will get a shot looking straight down at the electronics later tonight, I am quite proud of the clean look
Haastnooit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #262
RCC Addict

You did well on the design for sure. My BR mini fits perfect on the tray.:thumbup:
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #263
Fifth dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haastnooit View Post
I use the one intended for VP knuckles

I saw the parts in your thread, hope you like them ? The smaller E-tray is perfect for my current setup, width is based on the FXR and length is basen on the CC BEC. I will get a shot looking straight down at the electronics later tonight, I am quite proud of the clean look
Thanks to Tomy and Brian, I'll be using these parts as well. Build thread coming soon! NCD stuff is top notch! I'm still learning from this thread
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #264
Rock Crawler

Little side step here … I did have four crawlers a few weeks back. Two AX10 based and two XR10 based rigs … BUT … I recently decided to cut down the fleet to 2 or 3 crawlers not counting the MRC I still have in a box somewhere .

So I put the chassis+links+shocks of both my secondary rigs up for sale, a FB2 sportsman and BJ4 MOA and let faith be the decider on which rig would go. At first I planned on keeping electronics and axles on both rigs. The XR10 chassis parts sold quickly and now I only have the XR10 axles left, I decided the BJ was the one which would have to go completely.

Aproach on the selling of the FB2 changed, I decided to strip the axles of Axial AX10 aluminium C-hubs, knuckle’s and CVD’s and upgrade the axles by doing the XR10 mod on these axles as well, only a bit different. So sold the parts, reinvested some of the money in the axles and now I got this:

AXR10 Rear axle V2

Axial AX10 axlehousing
Axial AX10 Diffcase
Axial AX10 Diffgasket
Axial AX10 HD locker
Axial AX10 UD gears
Axial AX10 aluminium lockouts
Axial XR10 axleshafts (2x long)
Biggin69 Longer beeftubes
NCD delrin sleeves
UGC D-mount

Mods:
- Axlehousing mod for tubes
- shaved XR10 axle shafts
- delrin sleeves (bearing spacer)

To be able to use the steel longer beeftubes you will need to do some minor modding to the axlehousing. Step 1 is removing the bearingstop on the inside of the housing. Step 2 is shaving down/removing the nub and ribs on the outside of the housing

The steel beeftubes come with no holes, so you will have to drill 2.5mm holes and tap M3 yourself. I used a drillpress for the drilling and still managed to misalign the holes on the rear axle, so lesson for all of you: PAY ATTENTION ! I used 2 screws to secure each tube to the housing, 4 more holes are needed for the lockouts. I used some tiewraps to keep everything tight together while drilling holes

For the axle shafts I decided I wanted to use the longer XR10 shafts, as I had two of them leftover from the SuDu axles, in combination with the AX10 lockouts I originally had on these axles. To be able to use this combination I used 2 extra bearings and some delrin sleeves to space out the lockout bearing. Offcourse I turned to NCD headquarters to hook me up with the delrin sleeves

To let the sleeves slide over I needed to shave down the collar near the tang on the axleshafts. This setup worked out great and I ended up with a 100% slop free rear axle .

AND .... here is the other one …

AXR10 front axle V2

Axial AX10 axlehousing
Axial AX10 Diffcase
Axial AX10 Diffgasket
Axial AX10 HD locker
Axial AX10 OD gears
Axial XR10 C-hubs
Axial XR10 knuckles
Axial XR10 universals
Biggin69 Longer beeftubes
Chaotic Crawlers XR10 Ti straight tierod
RcBros VP extended steering arms

Mods:
- axlehousing mod for tubes
- C-hub mod
- Knuckle mod (removed double sheer arms)
- universal mod
- bent Ti tierod

No need to mod the axles for fitment, just the usual shaving to smooth up the operation of the universal joints. I wil be using a simple OTA steering setup (again), so I removed the double sheer arms on the stock Axial knuckles.

I got the longer RcBros steeringarms mounted to the knuckles, just to have a different setup as my V1 AXR10 axles. I only have a straight tierod left, and to be able to max out the steering I need the bent version. The tierod hitting the pumpkin is limiting steering throw.

Thought about buying a new tierod, but decided to mod the straight Chaotic Crawlers tierod for VP knuckles as I don’t longer have a rig that uses the straight version. I measured the bent version on the SuDu and replicated the bends using my vise and a piece of tubing for leverage .

Steering angle came out pretty descent and is limited by the steeringarms hitting the c-hubs left and right.

I will be using this set of axles as a starting point for my entry in the world of chassis design. I would like to come up with a chassis design of my own, just for the fun of the process and hopefully a fullfilling result.

We will have to wait and see what happens …
Old 10-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #265
Rock Crawler

Once again I'm impressed with your work. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a chassis.
chris.martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #266
RCC Addict

Very, very nice. By the looks of every other idea you've come up with, you'll have one sick chassis on your hands when it's finalized.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #267
Rock Crawler

Thanks guys

I have been working on my first ever chassis project the past few days and a what do you know .... first prototype (in CF ) was made today It will take a good week for my chassis to arrive, so you all will have to wait just like me ....

I look forward to the upcoming update
Old 10-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #268
RCC Addict

You've got my attention.:thumbup:
Old 10-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #269
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haastnooit View Post
Thanks guys

I have been working on my first ever chassis project the past few days and a what do you know .... first prototype (in CF ) was made today It will take a good week for my chassis to arrive, so you all will have to wait just like me ....

I look forward to the upcoming update
Seen it already.. looking good Ronald!

Verzonden vanaf mijn HTC One X met behulp van Tapatalk
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #270
RCC Addict

Yep seen to. Top design mate. You will replace Douwe as Cheif designer before we know it ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free

Last edited by Oz Bruiser; 10-20-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Oz Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #271
Rock Crawler

Glad you all like it
Old 10-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #272
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Bruiser View Post
Yep seen to. Top design mate. You will replace Douwe as Cheif designer before we know it ;)

Hey Ben! What the f&@%k are you saying?.. lol

Verzonden vanaf mijn HTC One X met behulp van Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #273
Rock Crawler

So after posting my wish to make a chassis design of my own (10/13), things picked up really quick. Two days later I talked to Tomi about my wish and as I am a NCD teamdriver I asked if I could use the SuDu1 link/shock positions to make a one-off chassis (10/15). Thought it would be wise to start easy and base my first work on a proven chassis. I got word back a day later and Tomi and Douwe gave me the green light to use it. In fact they asked if I could help out and make the face lift version of the SuDu1 Tomi had just started with (10/16).

Offcourse I accepted the challenge and Tomi explained he would like to have a new fresh look for the SuDu, while keeping the geometry the same as it has been proven to be working very well. So the same skidplate, upperlink holes and shockposition holes needed to be incorparated. With this in mind I sat down and worked my CAD program and send Tomi the first draught 2 days later (10/18 ).

The first drawing contained several versions with either a different look and/or construction. After some talk about the designs with Tomi I made the final design the same evening, taking the best points of 2 versions and put them together.

We agreed this was the finaldesign a day later and I rechecked and cleaned up the file for production use (19/10). Next step was figuring out the final dimensions on the spacers used and the CF thickness to be used. We both spend a day exploring options and searching the web to get the factory made spacers we needed. Looks like we struck gold the same day and found a factory that can deliver all spacers needed.

Tomi made the first prototype in CF the next day (10/20).
Ready for some pics ?

Nordic Crawler Designs proudly presents: The SuDu1 FL

A few prototypes will be tested by the Team before the new designs will be available. Keep your eyes peeled to this thread or the SuDu1 vendors thread or the new website for updates on specs and availability.

Last edited by Haastnooit; 10-26-2013 at 01:47 AM. Reason: added pic / added link
Old 10-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #274
RCC Addict

Well done mate .

Oz Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #275
RCC Addict

Can't wait for the new design to be released. I was going to pick up the SUDU 1 this weekend but now will wait for this version!!! Great job on the build and even better job on bringing all the info here and making it very clear how to get it done!!!
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #276
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Bruiser View Post
Well done mate .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
Can't wait for the new design to be released. I was going to pick up the SUDU 1 this weekend but now will wait for this version!!! Great job on the build and even better job on bringing all the info here and making it very clear how to get it done!!!
Thanks guys Appreciate it ...
Old 10-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #277
Rock Crawler

Great work Ronald! Glad you kept a lot of my original design..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2013, 12:50 AM   #278
Stephan Hauser / # 7

It's a very stable and cool looking design - can't wait to get my teamversion for testing. Good job, Ronald

Stephan
ZZR 1100 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:13 AM   #279
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by douwe View Post
Great work Ronald! Glad you kept a lot of my original design..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
Thanks Douwe, I made sure it would resemble the OG version Most chassislines are slightly different though. I am real happy you like it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR 1100 Racer View Post
It's a very stable and cool looking design - can't wait to get my teamversion for testing. Good job, Ronald

Stephan
Thanks Stephan I hope you will like it ...
Old 10-26-2013, 06:21 AM   #280
Rock Crawler

Man that looks sick. I like the new rear shock mount . Will tommy have a trade in option for the SuDuOne......joking joking

Last edited by obebaldone1; 10-26-2013 at 06:24 AM.
obebaldone1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axr10 axle, sudu, suduone, xr10 mod

Haastnooit's AXR10 2.2s NCD SuDu1 / SuDu1 FL - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Haastnooit's YTC Secret Agent 3.5 Haastnooit Axial XR10 85 04-24-2022 12:04 PM
Team NCD Su Du One Oz Bruiser Axial AX-10 Scorpion 132 12-21-2013 04:34 PM
NCD SuDu one crawler douwe Videos! 2 11-28-2012 02:36 PM
Mini AXR10 Axles?... justinart24 Tools, and Procedures 6 10-15-2012 09:28 AM
Haastnooit's Old Skool YTC BJ4 Haastnooit Axial XR10 15 09-02-2012 06:57 AM