Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: What did you do to your Bomber today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2018, 12:23 AM   #541
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What did you do to your Bomber today?

I actually...

(gasp!)

Ran mine!

(kit bought 2 years ago, 'bout friggin' time!)

Yes, there are scrapes and scuffs on the body/axles/skidplate , and dirt on the tires - and that was even though it was just for a bit before dark!

MUCH more time in the dirt and rocks to come...
Attached Images

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2018, 08:56 AM   #542
Rock Stacker

I had a devil of a time fitting an Incision motor plate to the transmission. The holes where it mounts onto the transmission were too small. It took filing and sandpaper to get it all to fit. Scheisse!
UncleJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #543
Quarry Creeper

Day off and a fresh delivery from Hobby Town! Putting Jato ends on Wraith Ti upper links, 110mm limiting straps (shocks are 113mm), 40 wt in the rear shocks, new knuckle bushings, clamping hexes, and Axial-width stainless pivot balls.
I'm probably going to save the fuel cell lid until I redo my wiring and properly mount my receiver (and probably lighting controller) in the fuel cell.

Last edited by elRayRay; 07-17-2018 at 12:36 PM. Reason: image resize
elRayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:32 PM   #544
I wanna be Dave

Your pic is showing me 3 interesting things:

1. We are using the same IKEA drafting table legs, although I have the adjustable portions removed from mine...

2. We both have skateboards within eyesight...

3. ... and finally - You are a million times more organized than I am!
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2018, 08:25 PM   #545
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Your pic is showing me 3 interesting things:

1. We are using the same IKEA drafting table legs, although I have the adjustable portions removed from mine...

2. We both have skateboards within eyesight...

3. ... and finally - You are a million times more organized than I am!
The Ikea table is my roommate's, as is the balance board in that picture. The reason for the organization is because I had just finished setting up the work area and hadn't actually started yet. It's all put away now.

What are the odds that we both have Earthwing skateboards???
elRayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:37 PM   #546
I wanna be Dave

What are the odds that the one you have is what I was looking for a few years back???

(WOW!)

Too cool...

I never skate anymore, feel guilty about it all the time - I built that one up to try and jumpstart myself getting back out there.

BUT - At least I'm getting outside and running my RC - in Austin's 100 degree summer weather!
Old 07-19-2018, 06:24 AM   #547
Pebble Pounder

I found out my BoomRacing HD upper links don't fit my new Vanquish truss.
So I "had" to order some Vanquish titanium upper links
Yonzariq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:15 PM   #548

Stripped one of my servo gears, had to carry it back to the car. Good thing the forecast is all rain next week.

BattleShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:06 PM   #549
I wanna be Dave

I'm nearly ready to run my Bomber after having to also temporarily swap servos, but the forecast here is 107 Tomorrow, and 108 on Monday!

We get a slight chance of rain Tuesday and a drop all the way down to 99 for a high on Tuesday...

Absolutely crazy weather!
Old 07-21-2018, 10:28 PM   #550

I drove it!

After weeks of research, parts orders, parts re-orders, wrenching and more wrenching, I slapped some stickers on this morning and drove to Axialfest (a couple days later than planned, because life) and spent the day putting it through its paces.

Lost the plastic nut that holds the spare on, broke a solder joint on the motor, got help and a soldering lesson from Ty@Tekin, crawled some more, broke a rod end on my SSD rear links, and called it a day (after grabbing some replacement rod ends at the RPP booth).

Officially a crawling convert.

Fives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:10 AM   #551
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fives View Post
I drove it!

After weeks of research, parts orders, parts re-orders, wrenching and more wrenching, I slapped some stickers on this morning and drove to Axialfest (a couple days later than planned, because life) and spent the day putting it through its paces.

Lost the plastic nut that holds the spare on, broke a solder joint on the motor, got help and a soldering lesson from Ty@Tekin, crawled some more, broke a rod end on my SSD rear links, and called it a day (after grabbing some replacement rod ends at the RPP booth).

Officially a crawling convert.

Awesome looking Bomber!!! For some reason, I had a lot of issues with breaking SSD rod ends on a set of rear trailing arms as well. But their rod ends for all of the other links are fine...
slowmethinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:32 AM   #552
RCC Addict

The only thing I'm finding not thrilling about my Bomber is internal access. Being used to pulling a couple of pins or even screws, let alone just pulling some velcro, to get to the chassis of a rig makes the 14 screw + rear wheel removal disassembly on the Bomber just a tad tedious.

I simplified it a bit, negating the need to remove the wheels and sway bar mounts anyway, making the sway bar mount a hinge point and using my worklight/magnifier as a convenient hood prop:

The only problem was that I mounted the Mamba X power switch in the center console and the wire limited travel. Fixed that by installing a JST connector inline:

So now just 8 button heads and four set screws and its naked underbelly is exposed. Hopefully I won't have to be into it too often as I fear for the shock mount threads weakening.

Installed the 3Brothers G13 servo too. Powerful little sucker...so much so that one of the drag link rod ends elongated and let go after a few minutes in the yard. More on the servo once I get a reply back from them on a quirky question.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #553

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
The only thing I'm finding not thrilling about my Bomber is internal access. Being used to pulling a couple of pins or even screws, let alone just pulling some velcro, to get to the chassis of a rig makes the 14 screw + rear wheel removal disassembly on the Bomber just a tad tedious.

I simplified it a bit, negating the need to remove the wheels and sway bar mounts anyway, making the sway bar mount a hinge point and using my worklight/magnifier as a convenient hood prop:

The only problem was that I mounted the Mamba X power switch in the center console and the wire limited travel. Fixed that by installing a JST connector inline:

So now just 8 button heads and four set screws and its naked underbelly is exposed. Hopefully I won't have to be into it too often as I fear for the shock mount threads weakening.

Installed the 3Brothers G13 servo too. Powerful little sucker...so much so that one of the drag link rod ends elongated and let go after a few minutes in the yard. More on the servo once I get a reply back from them on a quirky question.
Awesome! I've literally been planning on doing the same exact thing for my on/off switch the next time i take my truck apart. Looks great!
SandvoldSlammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:05 AM   #554

I have a Bomber RTR and a TRX4. I also own a modded Flysky that i paln to use for the Traxxas and would like to use for the Bomber as well. The issue lies in the fact sometimes I take my kids to crawl and sometimes I don't. If i use the Flysky only 1 vehicle can be used at time. So last night i moved my receiver to the fuel cell. This should make it easier to switch out the receiver "on the fly" so when I need to use a second radio set I can just swap them out. I still need to figure out if there is a way to water proof the new location, but this will do for testing as I rarely driver through water.

Also while i was working back there I installed my HR sway bar. I lost a lot of flex but my quick curb climb test shows I should be able to get over and around obstacles just fine.

Miatardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:05 PM   #555

Installed some headlights, I still need to wire them up but I’m waiting until I do tail lights too.
Also I added some Scaler Fab rock sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bronco RC Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:18 AM   #556
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco RC Crawler View Post
Installed some headlights, I still need to wire them up but I’m waiting until I do tail lights too.

Those headlamps are slick, did you make them or find them somewhere ?
ScoJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:26 AM   #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoJac View Post
Those headlamps are slick, did you make them or find them somewhere ?

I bought them from a guy in China I found through one of the Bomber Facebook pages. Www.rczjracing.com is on the package but the website doesn’t come up anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bronco RC Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:49 AM   #558
RCC Addict

Got the Hyrax tires, PL ds foams and Rocksters on. Geez, they're huge! Make the stock spare a donut now I guess. Should solve the climbing traction issue but I'll no doubt lose some high end speed. May have to re-pinion, TBD.

Last edited by 2mtech; 08-18-2018 at 11:51 AM.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:12 PM   #559
I wanna be Dave

IIRC, you'll have higher top speed, but slower acceleration with the taller tires...

(I tend to think of everything from a bicyclists point of view... makes it easier for my feeble, distracted, brain)
Old 08-18-2018, 01:25 PM   #560
I wanna be Dave

Yep. You’ll gain some straight line top end speed as well. Or at least some wheel speed on obstacles.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote

What did you do to your Bomber today? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Imthatguy's Bomber imthatguy Axial RR10 Bomber 81 01-14-2019 02:42 PM
Yeti vs Bomber cullen colapietro Axial Yeti 26 10-06-2017 06:21 PM
what is the purpose of your bomber? bentles Axial RR10 Bomber 32 07-05-2017 05:35 PM