Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: "Un-Official' Frogger Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 02:38 AM   #121
Croakin' across the pond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlucks View Post
So how did he go in the comp?
Interesting day out! The only other shafty was a LCC with dig everything else being Bergs and XR10 so it wasn't really the best place for Boris to step out into!

He didn't come last though!!

I'll be putting the DNA dig in over the next week. All the lowers will be Delrin by next week too. I'm shortening the rear lowers (only by a couple of mm) just to get a little more standover height - the Razors have laid the rear shocks down a touch. At the same time the links are going to Traxxas 4mm.

One decision's been made, the OG Frogger gets the dig. The PD will remain non-dig.

The bigger decision is to run an XR10 or a Berg too! (I haven't told Jan that bit yet)!! Not doing that for a while though as I still want to learn the limitrs of a shafty (masochistic tendency)
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2011, 02:54 AM   #122
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
Interesting day out! The only other shafty was a LCC with dig everything else being Bergs and XR10 so it wasn't really the best place for Boris to step out into!

He didn't come last though!!

Not doing that for a while though as I still want to learn the limitrs of a shafty (masochistic tendency)
Just keep practicing and get your dig installed. As long as you have some fluid movement in your shocks, no binding, and some good rollover recovery, competing should be quite fun.

I also agree...keep the shafty alive. Do your part to keep the pro class a driver's class as well.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:48 AM   #123

How did you build good roll over recovery into the OG Frogger? Mine is quite happy to sit on it's roof all day!!!

The chassis's really fluid now - no binding, no catching, virtually no TT. steering is limited but that's a longer term project. Skid Clearance is the key issue (after the dig) but I can lose a little (couple of mm) off the lower rears as they are still Axial bent stock items and I'm right on 12.5". The Razors pushed the axle back a little.

For pure recreational enjoyment it's actually quite well sorted. There's no chance of a Sportsman's class in the UK as the MOA rules!

The PD will be built as a Sportsman's and it will be kept that way and up to date for the day that there's enough of us around!

I like the shafty approach and will continue to have fun with one - but the MOA can just go places the shafty can't - mainly because it doesn't have two da8m big rods running thru it!!
reality is, if I want to do competitions in the UK, I have to have an MOA in the garage too! - Bit like needing aLand Rover to go with the 911
Old 04-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #124
Pebble Pounder

some action pic's from buffalo park
no1970ax1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:38 AM   #125

Default side panels

Hey all
how good do these Froggers look!!!!!

Has anyone made a template for the side panels ?
just cant get the look right!!!!!!!

If yes....sacn and post would be great
Darren Mannix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:49 AM   #126
Try to Bend it

Hey Darren, easiest way to do a template for these (and other bodiless rigs) is to start with some thin card board. Once you have that right trace around it onto your skin material.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:52 AM   #127
Tossin' Salad

Template...coming right up!

Last edited by KC_JoNeS; 05-06-2011 at 02:59 AM.
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:28 AM   #128

Thats great
thank you guys
Darren Mannix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #129

Default Re: "Un-Official' Frogger Thread

Bumping this thread as I am getting a O.G frogger chassis, if anyone has the lenghts of the front/rear upper/lower links they used that would be awesome. I can't find the frog legs anywhere..
biev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #131

My frogger playing on the rocks.
Attached Images

biev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by biev View Post
Bumping this thread as I am getting a O.G frogger chassis, if anyone has the lenghts of the front/rear upper/lower links they used that would be awesome. I can't find the frog legs anywhere..
Hi, welcome to the Frog Pond! These little beasts are quite capable - even in OG mode. I tried all sorts of different lower lengths before scoring the PD legs off Casey.

The PD legs are the way to go - I used 4 x rears. If you can't get hold of any, then make sure that you use some Razors in the rear- it makes all the difference in the world. You can also search on "Boris Frogger" - Drv missed him off his list and he's feeling left out now!

I still have a PD "under construction" but work has re-started.
!

Good luck and keep the Frog a Croaking. BTW I have a spare OG Chassis if anyone else is hankering after an OG Frogger then PM me - no legs though.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #133
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
Hi, welcome to the Frog Pond! These little beasts are quite capable - even in OG mode. I tried all sorts of different lower lengths before scoring the PD legs off Casey.

The PD legs are the way to go - I used 4 x rears. If you can't get hold of any, then make sure that you use some Razors in the rear- it makes all the difference in the world. You can also search on "Boris Frogger" - Drv missed him off his list and he's feeling left out now!

I still have a PD "under construction" but work has re-started.
!

Good luck and keep the Frog a Croaking. BTW I have a spare OG Chassis if anyone else is hankering after an OG Frogger then PM me - no legs though.

CR#P ! ! ! Dasher I am sorry, I thought I did put " Boris " In those attachments. I will rectify my error. Please for give me.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #134
Try to Bend it

Thanks for including mine in the tech list mate. Though the information enclosed is not really relative. Its still cool to make the top five
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #135
Rock Stacker

Hey guys,

I got my hands on Stew's old Frogger chassis and here's what I've come up with : )

-Frogger chassis and frog legs
- Big bores, losi springs
- Beeftubes, Axial CVDs
- Alum lockouts, knuckles and c hubs.
- Eritex comp solids with Rover whites
- Holmes 35t
- Mamba max micro, castle BEC
- Hitec 7955tg
- RC4wd R2D tranny
- MIP driveshafts

Still got the roof and hood panels to make I'm thinking aluminum ; )

Thoughts?
Carlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #136

I just used Lexan sheet - it's a lot less sticky on the rock than aluminium. Try to get some curve n the roof when you fit it - it'll help with roll-over recovery.
David