Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #2961
Rock Stacker

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnake505 View Post
Ah I see, so its possible that ch3 trim will already set up for front or back! Ill have a play in a bit! Does it need the trim to go all the way left/right?
Ok, so I got this working. Isthere any way to make it quicker? To go from rear steer to front steer you need to click the trim 200 times! Is it possible to do it with only a few clicks?
thesnake505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2013, 03:03 AM   #2962

I'm not sure if this is possible but could I use my steering wheel as a potentiometer while holding a button down for my winch?
Or maybe there is another way but I would like to manually control the speed of the winch in either direction.
1111Mavrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #2963
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnake505 View Post
Ok, so I got this working. Isthere any way to make it quicker? To go from rear steer to front steer you need to click the trim 200 times! Is it possible to do it with only a few clicks?
Yea you clicked some thing wrong....... Should be one click left front steer, one right both front and rear mixed, one right is just rear. Should read +100 ..... 0 ....... - 100

Ch 3 button toggles between crab and being linear.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #2964
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick View Post
I'm not sure if this is possible but could I use my steering wheel as a potentiometer while holding a button down for my winch?
Or maybe there is another way but I would like to manually control the speed of the winch in either direction.
You could but I'm sure you wouldn't be able to use wheel for steering, unless you set up some sort of mix using a switch to change between steering then to winch. Would be time consuming to go between.

You can tho set up the winch to where it steps up % in 20% increments to gain speed to 100%. Is kind of a night mare to get it to stop right away tho. Too many clicks..... Would be set up like my independent rear steer. I have my winch set up as momentary click and hold.... It goes full bore...... Tap tap moves a bit. I like the way it works...... And pretty fast on 11.1 volt. Lol
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #2965
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Yea you clicked some thing wrong....... Should be one click left front steer, one righ both front and rear mixed, one right is just rear. Should read +100 ..... 0 ....... - 100

Ch 3 button toggles between crab and being linear.

After using it today, I have found that if you click the ch3 trim one way the wheel on the top will allow rapid scrolling from after to an extreame, it means however I can select partial options on 4ws, ie 100% front and 50% movement rear!
thesnake505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #2966
Quarry Creeper

didnt want to start another thread about this raido and couldnt find any other pics but it looks like flysky have changed the power switch setup again. i got mine today and the first thing i checked was the power switch to see if it needed modded and it doesnt look like it will do. the wires dont go anywere near the steering wheel like ive seen in other pics so now it can`t be broken that way all there is is a little push button which push`s on the button to switch it on though the stupid thin wire is still there,

boohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #2967
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boohoo View Post
didnt want to start another thread about this raido and couldnt find any other pics but it looks like flysky have changed the power switch setup again. i got mine today and the first thing i checked was the power switch to see if it needed modded and it doesnt look like it will do. the wires dont go anywere near the steering wheel like ive seen in other pics so now it can`t be broken that way all there is is a little push button which push`s on the button to switch it on though the stupid thin wire is still there,

That is sweet, if that works out then I'll probably be able to order gt3c's again
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #2968
Pebble Pounder

Just got my gt3c, it's a green one and has the same push button switch. Now the switch does not rotate with the wheel.
Donahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #2969
I wanna be Dave

Two things....

1-Cool redesign on the on/off switch, interesting way to resolve it & I'm glad to see FS is making the radio better.

2-I had a PM regarding the TX calibration that I can't answer. The PM was saying that when he was in the throttle calibration, the numbers keep jumping around. I've never done a TX calibration, so I have no clue.

BTW, I can't reply to the PM since their PM box is full..... ....hint, hint.....
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #2970
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
That is sweet, if that works out then I'll probably be able to order gt3c's again

i ran mine for 5 hrs yestarday and no problems so far. i think the little peice of plastic pushing the white button down may wear down or even break in the future but all wait and see what happens it think it could be reinforced somehow to stop it breaking.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #2971
RCC Addict

When you do the TX calibration the numbers do wander a little. I have a B and C and they wander a little. The main point is getting the end points set correctly. Now battery voltage, that I can't get right to save my life. My C has 4.2v in the LiPo when I check with my multimeter. I stick it in the radio and set the value to match. Then turn it off and back on and it shows 3.8. I'm wondering if there is enough load in the radio to make the measured voltage drop that much.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #2972
Quarry Creeper

forgot to ask in my last post but has anyone tried the battery from the new it4 in there 3c just wondering as its a 1200mah lipo instead of the 800mah you get in the 3c. another thing how long does your battery last i charged mine up when i got and used it for 5hrs and the voltage dropped from the 4.2v to 3.8v in that time so iam wondering is it like any lipo the more you use it from new the longer it will last until it dies completely if that makes sense
Old 07-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #2973
Pebble Pounder

One thing with the new switch on the gt3c, when pulled mine apart, I noticed that the flat portion that pushes down on the actual switch and rotates with the wheel, this did not seem long enough on one side. I was able to get it to come off the white switch and get jammed up against it, but only one way. The rotation may also be limited a bit more when the wheel bolted to it but I did not check this. This might occur if you pushed the power button while having the wheel turned all the way in one direction, though I didn't write down which direction.
Donahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #2974
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik632 View Post
When you do the TX calibration the numbers do wander a little. I have a B and C and they wander a little. The main point is getting the end points set correctly. Now battery voltage, that I can't get right to save my life. My C has 4.2v in the LiPo when I check with my multimeter. I stick it in the radio and set the value to match. Then turn it off and back on and it shows 3.8. I'm wondering if there is enough load in the radio to make the measured voltage drop that much.
Make sure to exit out of the calibration menu (Long click back i believe, might be end)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boohoo View Post
forgot to ask in my last post but has anyone tried the battery from the new it4 in there 3c just wondering as its a 1200mah lipo instead of the 800mah you get in the 3c. another thing how long does your battery last i charged mine up when i got and used it for 5hrs and the voltage dropped from the 4.2v to 3.8v in that time so iam wondering is it like any lipo the more you use it from new the longer it will last until it dies completely if that makes sense
it'll work...but the it4 battery is twice as expensive as the 3c battery....at least it was when the it4 first came out. I haven't price checked recently.

It should give longer run times.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #2975
Got Worms?

I guess, i need to get some gt3c's ordered sometime soon........
Old 07-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #2976
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
it'll work...but the it4 battery is twice as expensive as the 3c battery....at least it was when the it4 first came out. I haven't price checked recently.

It should give longer run times.
thanks for the advice its good to know.

the uk the price difference is roughly £3 or $4.61 between the 3c and it4 battery so i think it would be better just to buy the it4 one in the end espacaily if it gives me longer runtimes between charges
Old 08-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #2977
I joined the Band!

i was looking at page 72 for programming a M2, do all those settings still apply to the new firmware?
ncampos976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #2978
I joined the Band!

I was messing with my settings. I was able to get the dig to work with my m2 but now my reverse doesn't work. I think I may have turned it off. I can't read the manual now because I am on my phone and out of town. Can anyone help with that.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #2979
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncampos976 View Post
I was messing with my settings. I was able to get the dig to work with my m2 but now my reverse doesn't work. I think I may have turned it off. I can't read the manual now because I am on my phone and out of town. Can anyone help with that.
Manual for what?.... the M2 or the GT3B?

Sorry, I ran a M2, hated it & sold it off. Since you have it, go ahead & try it, others like that ESC.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #2980
I joined the Band!

Instructions for the hack.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM