Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #3001
Rock Crawler

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Sorry but, I don't believe anyone who knows how to use the internet is a "retard."
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #3002
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ10 View Post
What do you mean "this did not work"? What settings from the above menu did you actually set to?
*This Remote Hack Works Great And I Am Not Bashing It In Any Way!*
Operator Error

The mentioned steps did not do what i expected/wanted them to do. It shows the change from -100 0 100 on my remote. I set that to both the d/r switch and ch3 trim switch on non momentary. Somehow the switch set to control the servo does not control the servo in port 3 on my stock rx. whats weird is when i pill the trigger on my remote the servo spins both fwd and rev with the trigger as the motor spins as well.Several other settings are off or wrong somewhere and I honestly just dont care to do any more learning about this to figure it out.

And your right. It looks like I am impatient, lazy and plain annoyed and not retarded.

Bottom line is this is not the remote for me.

Anyone want to trade for a dx3e without the rx for the 3ch rx, remote, program card, 3 extra L Pin things(haha) to do more remotes

CodyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:23 AM   #3003
ahhh S^*T

sounds like you setup the mix. its mixing your winch like its a second ESC.. it should work otherwise. I use the ch3 trim button for my winch controller. -100 to neutral to 100... 3pos.

as far as un-mixing i dont know. I was soooo lost when I first started using this thing. all i mess with is winch control LOL.... still lost also so dont feel too bad
AxialJeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #3004
RCC Addict

My question is why are you mixing channels? Mixing is for two esc s or other things, not for a servo winch. And how can a servo spin both forward and backwards at the same time?

I understand you are frustrated but really this is one of a couple time you have posted up about issues..... So why haven't you just asked before jumping to the "trade for dx3e"? Ive had the dx..... Blah

Last edited by JokersWild; 08-15-2013 at 08:02 AM.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #3005

ok have the boat up and running the way i like to. Now i want to trigger a relay from the receiver on ch4 using the "C" channel 3 button. Any help will require further assistance im sure, but i really appreciate what you are doing
starhunter732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #3006
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyCrawler View Post
Operator Error

The mentioned steps did not do what i expected/wanted them to do. It shows the change from -100 0 100 on my remote. I set that to both the d/r switch and ch3 trim switch on non momentary. Somehow the switch set to control the servo does not control the servo in port 3 on my stock rx. whats weird is when i pill the trigger on my remote the servo spins both fwd and rev with the trigger as the motor spins as well.Several other settings are off or wrong somewhere and I honestly just dont care to do any more learning about this to figure it out.

And your right. It looks like I am impatient, lazy and plain annoyed and not retarded.

Bottom line is this is not the remote for me.

Anyone want to trade for a dx3e without the rx for the 3ch rx, remote, program card, 3 extra L Pin things(haha) to do more remotes

Scroll to E.Point, press and hold enter for 1-2 seconds
Scroll to d, press enter
scroll to Off, Press and hold enter
press back afew times

Scroll to rev, Press and hold enter for 1-2 seconds
Scroll to 3, press enter
scroll to ch3, press enter
scroll to BNL, press enter
Scroll to 100, press and hold enter
press back afew times

This will make the ch3 trim switch control your winch
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #3007
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starhunter732 View Post
ok have the boat up and running the way i like to. Now i want to trigger a relay from the receiver on ch4 using the "C" channel 3 button. Any help will require further assistance im sure, but i really appreciate what you are doing
You'll need to get some sort of rx actuated switch...I should have one in the next year or so, i "think" heyok has one, and dimension engineering has one i think.

Then you set up a 2 position switch. basically just assign C to ch4....default settings should work.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #3008
RCC Addict

If any are interested.... Remind me some time I modded up a lanyard mout that's actually pretty sick, don't look anything like just popping on a eye bolt and going.to town. Lol I've just been busy with work ill try to get some pics up tonight. But if I don't pm me and remind me later.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #3009
Rock Stacker

I have a gt3b hacked controller, I want to set up a winch.can somebody point me in the right direction oh how to set it up? Thank you
zombieghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #3010
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieghost View Post
I have a gt3b hacked controller, I want to set up a winch.can somebody point me in the right direction oh how to set it up? Thank you
If this is post #3012, just back up to post #3008 and that should do it.
Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #3011
Quarry Creeper

Quick question. Does the factory-stock gt3b has a momentary 3rd channel? And does it have adjustable trims? Or do I need to reflash the firmware to have these capabilities?

Fed up with my dx3e.. trim and radio interference issues trying to get this winch to work reliably have got me ready to toss it.
monkeymagic9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #3012
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymagic9 View Post
Quick question. Does the factory-stock gt3b has a momentary 3rd channel? And does it have adjustable trims? Or do I need to reflash the firmware to have these capabilities?

Fed up with my dx3e.. trim and radio interference issues trying to get this winch to work reliably have got me ready to toss it.
if you mean a 3 pos switch then no it only has a 2 pos switch so like you said it would need flashed software so you can change it
boohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #3013
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the info!
monkeymagic9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #3014
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boohoo View Post
if you mean a 3 pos switch then no it only has a 2 pos switch so like you said it would need flashed software so you can change it

X2! And if ya hit up the cat with the flashed radio above apparently he is about to throw his gt3c for a spektrum radio..... Maybe Yall can swap. Lol
Old 08-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #3015
RCC Addict

Figured I would post this up....... gt3b lanyard mod

GT3B Mods
Old 08-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #3016
Pebble Pounder

Just a quick tip.

When you are installing the the voltage regulator and you don`t want to damage your case using a screw driver to split the top from the bottom.

A wooden ice cream stick that has been filed down to the width of a screw driver works a treat.
philg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #3017
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymagic9 View Post

on my gt3c, the third channel is a maintaining 2 position switch. push it once, it changes, push it again and it goes back to home.
Donahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #3018

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Um, yea

If i remember correctly, plug in your current controller, click read --> all tabs
Then unplug that radio and plug in the new one then press program --> all tabs

You may have to save the data you read, close out of stvp, and then open it up....but this may be tricky i can't remember, its been along time since i've saved/transferred settings.
so i tried this, and no worky...

i tried both ways you suggested, made sure both the radios were running the same firmware, and i forget now exactly what the program said but it started updating but then ends with an error reading. at least i didnt like erase everything and mess it all up.

no big deal but i would still like to know what the proper way to transfer models and settings is since for now im only using the spare gt3b for my gf's rig but would still like to use it as a backup.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #3019
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philg View Post
Just a quick tip.

When you are installing the the voltage regulator and you don`t want to damage your case using a screw driver to split the top from the bottom.

A wooden ice cream stick that has been filed down to the width of a screw driver works a treat.
I use my fingernails ... it only took me afew months getting used to slightly long finger nails

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
so i tried this, and no worky...

i tried both ways you suggested, made sure both the radios were running the same firmware, and i forget now exactly what the program said but it started updating but then ends with an error reading. at least i didnt like erase everything and mess it all up.

no big deal but i would still like to know what the proper way to transfer models and settings is since for now im only using the spare gt3b for my gf's rig but would still like to use it as a backup.
Fill out the contact us form on my new website....it'll remind me to figure out how todo next time i have a chance to tinker.

https://overkillrc.3dcartstores.com/...tion=contactus
Old 08-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #3020
Rock Stacker

So I've got the FlySky 3CH receiver that came with the radio... and I've got two 6CH receivers from HobbyKing. I saw somewhere in this thread (can't find it now) someone mentioned frying these receivers if I try to use a 2S with them. That is, if the 2S voltage (7.4V) is passed directly from the ESC to the receiver it'll fry it. Is that the case?

If that is the case then what is the max voltage the receivers can handle? Obviously the way to run a 2S then is to have the receiver draw power from a BEC rather than the ESC. Correct?

And as a side note, thanks for doing the firmware upgrade and mods for me bro. I'm quite please with the purchase.
Honger is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM